April 23rd, 2015 by craftdoc
This is the other card we made at class this week. My friend Jann calls this the Doodle Flowers technique – what fun!
The Pistachio Pudding cardstock is sold out, but the retiring ink pad is on sale at my website SHOP while supplies last.
- Use a solid stamp and stamp in a light color ink. I used Crazy About You, but Flower Fair would work as well.
- Outline the petals and leaves with the fine point Project Life Journaling Pen. Add some dots, lines and squiggles in the center.
April 22nd, 2015 by craftdoc
We finally got to the Bokeh Technique at class yesterday, and it was a big hit! This technique has a bubble sort of look like the photograph overlay.
1. I used a watercolor wash for my Bokeh background – watercolor paper, aqua painter and ink refill (Or press down on your ink pad to make a puddle in the lid). You can use whisper white cardstock, but then the dauber picks up the colored ink and you need to wipe it clean. First spritz or wipe down the WC paper with your aqua painter. Then add splotches of 2 or more inks. Try to use shades of the same color – then it won’t look muddy. I used Crisp Cantelope and Strawberry Slush. Pistachio Pudding and Coastal Cabana also look good together. The white circles show up better on the darker colors. Let air dry or use heat tool.
2. Add the white circles with Whisper White ink, sponge daubers and a homemade circle stencil made with window sheets and circle framelits. Let some go off the edge and overlap. Add in some circles with the sponge dauber alone. Let air dry or use heat tool.
3. Use Memento Tuxedo Black ink to ink your stamp well. Press down hard and hold for a few seconds so the ink absorbs into the WC paper.
4. I added some In Color sequins – which are on sale in the Retiring Accessories list at my website SHOP.
April 21st, 2015 by craftdoc
The Retiring Products list posted this morning and already a few items are sold out. The cardstock is going fast. Stamps will be made until May 25, so I would concentrate today on accessories – some are up to 50% off! The website is a bit bogged down, so be patient. If you use hostess code AWSESFD6 at my website SHOP, I’ll send you something in the mail! If your wish list is long, consider purchasing the demonstrator starter kit – you can get an additional 25% off ( $99 for $125 product of your choice) AND FREE SHIPPING TOO! Check out the JOIN THE FUN Tab at my website .
AND – if that isn’t enough – the clearance rack will be updated Wednesday!
April 17th, 2015 by craftdoc
After a (very) long migration, the Butterflies Thinlits Dies have landed in our warehouse and are now available for purchase at my website SHOP!
Two special offers through April 30:
Get the Butterflies Thinlits at a 15 percent discount–just $21.20!
Buy any of the Butterflies Thinlits Bundles at a 15 percent discount and choose one of three FREE Sale-A-Bration items (only available while supplies last)!
Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper (item 138633)
Best Year Ever Accessory Pack (item 138634)
Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper (item 138635)
Here is a card I made with one of the butterfly dies with 4 strips of the Irresistibly Yours paper as a background.
-Since my strips were leftover from another project and were 4″ x 1- 1/2″, I made a longer than usual card and an envelope to match with the Envelope Punch Board.
-The butterfly is cut from our Silver Foil Paper. I put a piece of waxed paper between the die and paper, and a double piece of dryer sheet under the cardstock to help pop out the little scraps.
April 16th, 2015 by craftdoc
I promised some cards using the Weekly Deal products. The Mother’s Love stamp set was fun to play with. It has some beautiful 2-step stamps. I also used retiring In Colors. Be sure to stock up on ink refills and Cardstock because they will sell quickly once the Retiring Products are posted on April 21 at my website SHOP.
-card 1: stamp first, then run the panel through the Big Shot with the Spring Flowers Embossing Folder.
-card 2: Use glue dots to adhere the beautiful Something Borrowed embellishments
-card 3: This card didn’t turn out like I planned, so I kept adding more stuff. Finally a big Silver Foil Butterfly (thinlit dies) pulled it all together.
April 15th, 2015 by craftdoc
I’ll post my Weekly Deal cards tomorrow. I better get the April Card class posted today. Class is Tues April 21 in Erie, PA. Details on my website. And I’ll post tips on each card later in the week as well. Techniques used are: Flower Doodles, Bokeh, Chalk Inks.
April 14th, 2015 by craftdoc
Looks like a great time to make some Mother’s Day cards! I love the long reach stapler too. And the pansy punch is a real favorite, even if it does not look like a pansy. All are 20% off at my website SHOP. I already have all of these products – off to see how many I can use! Stop by tomorrow and check out my creations.
April 9th, 2015 by craftdoc
Friday is the last day for free shipping – any size order!
The Fun Flower punch is one of the Weekly Deals at my online SHOP. Here are some swap cards using the punch, plus one of mine with a tin foil embossed background.
by Patti McDermott, unknown
by unknown, Carolyn Diehl
The burlap ribbon is also a weekly deal this week!
-wrap a piece (3″x4″) of cardstock in tin foil. Run through the Big shot with the Tiny Triangles embossing folder.
-the buttons and seam binding ribbon are also a weekly deal this week!
April 7th, 2015 by craftdoc
The stars have aligned! Check out the new Weekly Deals and…
***** Free shipping through April 10********
April 6th, 2015 by craftdoc
***FREE SHIPPING ALERT****April 6 -10 – FREE SHIPPING****
The Bokeh technique is all over Pinterest this year. Here are 2 cards that I made using Sale-A-Bration stamp sets. SAB is over, but I have some extra stamp sets that I will give away for $50 orders using hostess code 9TPX3UC7 or 92A2Y6J6 – add to the bottom of your shopping bag at my website SHOP. (Club members use code GNRNEBRT). Get your order in soon to claim your free stamp set (while my supplies last). Check last week’s post for another project and offer.
-I used a watercolor wash for my Bokeh background – watercolor paper, aqua painter and ink
-Add the white circles with Whisper White ink, sponge daubers and a homemade circle stencil.