I was looking for a background technique to use for a #2013Convention swap using one of my favorite new stamp sets - Wetlands. After seeing the Magical Masking Tape Technique (with painters tape) I thought, hmm, I bet you could do that with my new favorite accessory – Washi Tape! So here’s the card I designed and a quick tutorial on how to make it. Stamp class attendees will also be making this card on Tuesday – so you are invited to come if you are in the Erie, PA area.
1. Rip off a piece of Washi tape a bit longer than your ink pad.
2. Lay it across the inkpad and gently rub your finger across the ink.
3. Pick up the tape, keeping hold of both sides, and place it on your cardstock panel.
4. Again, gently rub your finger across to release the ink.
5. Remove the tape – you can use it over and over.
6. Repeat 2 more times with another piece of tape and another color. Use different widths of Washi tape to vary your background stripes.
I also used the new embossing folder Alphabet Press. All supplies for this card can be purchased at my online store www.kwstamps.stampinup.net My current hostess code is JX49AVC7