***More Merry Messages is on sale during the Online Extravaganza***
I had some posts scheduled for you while I was away on vacation. Now I’m back and getting ready for stamp class on Tuesday (Nov 20, sessions at 10am and 1pm) in Erie, PA. Please RSVP! This month I am featuring some quick and easy projects so you can get in and out fast. The Festival of Prints Paper Stack ($6.95 – 48 sheets) is a great product for this end. The 2 tree cards for this class are made from one sheet of Crumb Cake Cardstock plus 1 sheet of the print, cut into various sized strips. I used my new Stampin’ Trimmer – it is amazing – we’ll use it at class as well. I also used the Evergreen and More Merry Messages stamp sets. And the Platinum Shimmer paint to add some sparkle.
I will be using the new mitten punch for our 3rd card (will post soon).
Just for fun I made the ornament that was pictured on the cover of our bimonthly demonstrator magazine (free set of 10 ink pads this month for joining!!!) I almost got the ornament from one sheet of the festival of prints stack - I just needed an additional strip for the center.
Tutorial for ornament:
1. Cut 3/4″ strips – 2 each at 6″, 5 1/2″, and 5 inches. You will need a middle strip at 4 1/2″.
2. Stack strips together matching at one end. With your paper piercing tool, poke a hole and add brad.
3. Even up the other ends together and repeat.
4. Add some Baker’s twine to one of the brads to hang your ornament.
5. Play around with number of strips and sizes to create different variations.